The 64HD is an internal N64, digital-to-digital mod kit, supporting 240p, 480p, 720p and 1080i resolutions.
Included in the kit:
- 64HD PCB
- HDMI Daughterboard PCB + Ribbon Cable
- Booster Bracket
- Quick solder flex cable - Replacements here
- No-cut A/V Shroud (not picture, included)
- Foam Adhesive Pad (for N64 motherboard revisions NUS-CPU-06 through NUS-CPU-09)(Not pictured, included)
DETAILED FEATURE LIST
- Compatible with all N64 models
- Supported Resolutions
- 1080i60 (1920×1080 interlaced)
- 720p60 (1280×720 progressive, Default Mode)
- 480p60 (720×480 progressive)
- 240p60 (1440×240 progressive, use with component converter for PVM/CRT screens)
- Scaling Modes
- Integer 1:1 PAR (Pixel Aspect Ratio)
- Full Screen non-Linear
- Non-integer linear scaling (Default scaling option)
- Overscan for All Scaling Modes
- VI Deblur
- Image Brightness Control
- 3 Pixel Filter modes
- 3 Scanline Modes (Simple and Hybrid)
- Settings saving
- This kit involves soldering directly to the legs of the N64 NUS which requires intermediate to advanced level of soldering skills. Gamebox will not be held responsible for failed installs nor will we accept returns on botched installs. Replacement quick solder flex will be available in the case of installs gone wrong.
- This mod does outputs the digital video signal directly from the on-board FPGA. 720p mode is compatible with almost all devices we tested, however, 480p and 1080i are auxiliary modes that may have issues on some devices such as audio or graphical glitches.
- 240p mode is to be used with non-scaling hdmi to component adapters for CRTs and PVMs. Component adapters that have an internal image scaler will present issues with with 240p mode specifically. Component adapter must also support 480i input, 480p support only does not suffice for 240p mode. These compatible converters seem to be in short supply at the moment, but we will post a link here to a suitable converter when a tested and reliable source is found.