Embedded video-out mod board for the Nintendo VirtualBoy
If you've ever wanted to be able to play the VirtualBoy without having a seizure, or in a different color than red, if you want to stream gameplay from real hardware, or if you've want to use a projector to show off your awesome sk1LLz at shows and expos, now you can!
- Pixel-perfect scaling, crisp video output.
- Select any of 8 palettes, red is default. Customization possible for a small fee.
- Install on either left or right eye displays. Or both.
- Choose yourself between low-lag or no-tearing options.
- Can fit inside the VirtualBoy unit itself.
- Simple install, minimal wiring.
VGA 800x600 at 60fps; upscaled x2 768x448
NTSC 240p at 60fps; No upscale, slightly squished horizontally
What you get:
- The programmed and tested board
- A ribbon cable
- Reasonable quality soldering iron and solder (leaded preferred)
- A long 4.5mm "Game bit" screwdriver
- About 3 meters of ~22AWG flexible wire
- Whatever socket you want: DE-15 (VGA), 7 or 8 pin DIN, Mini DIN, Nintendo AV...
- A bit of patience and care
- Obviously, a VirtualBoy unit
Virtual Tap is an Open Sourced Project:
iFixRetro - email@example.com