The main feature of this revision is Sync on Green (SoG) support. The switch will detect the SoG signal and convert it to standard RGBS format. The sync is separated (SD) / forwarded (HD) from green to the standard sync line and can be stripped from green if needed (DIP This solves incorrect color level detection for some problematic displays.
In addition, full audio / video input protection has been added to minimize the damage when incompatible equipment is connected. Please take into account that protection won’t make faulty equipment work, it’s there to protect the hardware.
The other features are Micro-USB power supply and DIP switch settings.
- 8 SCART inputs
- 2 SCART outputs
- Simultaneous output support
- Design with focus on video quality
- Automatic switching (sync based, no SCART pin 8 / pin 16 lines have to be routed in the cable)
- HD signal supported (up to 1080p)
- Sync regeneration
- Sync on Green to RGBS conversion support
- Integrated video amplifier
- Sega Master System sync fix (corrects skew on Sony BVM-D models)
- 4 position DIP switch for configuration
- EXT header support to query / override enabled input
- Full audio / video input protection
- PSU polarity & overvoltage protection
- Externally powered by USB (standard MicroUSB +5V connector)
- High quality universal power supply is included
For every toggle up is OFF and down is ON. The unit is shipped with everything OFF but this is something not guaranteed.
DIP 1: Enable sync regeneration
DIP 2: Disable sync on green compensation
DIP 3: Enable Sega Master System correction
DIP 4: Disable status LED
Any SUPERGUN conversion (or arcade mods in general) will permanently damage the switch. This damage is easy to detect and your warranty will be voided.
POWER CONNECTOR WARNING:
The micro USB port is a is surface mounted and if you apply too much force or step on it, it might detach. This is not a soldering problem as the connector is usually torn with a few PCB pads. We do not provide a mechanical warranty.
We will fix or replace your device for free in the case that it stops working within the first 180 provided the failure was not caused by the user (see supergun and power connector warnings). It will you your responsibility to ship the unit back to us at your expense. We are not responsible for lost shipments. If the damage was caused be the owner and it is something we can fix, the owner will be charged for the repair and return shipping. We reserve the right to not repair the unit where owner is at fault.
Laser Bear Industries Bumper Cases:
Designed by Greg Collins are a great option that we use ourselves. Get yours here.
Make sure you watch installation video first, gscartsw v5.2 installation is tricky.
Vertical Mount Brackets:
Wonderful gscartsw user ChrisTheMeat designed vertical mounting brackets and published his work here.